Wednesday, January 25, 2023

A Few of My Favorite Things


My Universal Studios nametag is important to me because I hold my job very close to my heart. I started working there as a caricature artist a year before studying at Flagler College. I still look forward to working there over breaks. I’ve made a great deal of positive memories at the parks, and connected meaningfully with a number of my coworkers. The keychain depicted was originally my mom’s. She actually purchased it in St. Augustine when I was a kid, and I remember being mesmerized by the swirling sparkles. When I first received the key to my dorm here, she gifted it to me so I wouldn’t lose my keys (which I have a habit of doing). I hold it very close to my heart. The squid plushie came from an aquarium that I went to with my boyfriend. He bought us both tickets, and got it for me as a small gift. I miss him a lot, and holding it reminds me of him. I also have an affinity for cephalopods. My AirPods are a lifesaver. I’ve struggled with pretty severe anxiety for years, and keeping one in helps me stay grounded. I’m very passionate about the music I listen to, so having a vessel that allows me to play songs (many of which bring forth significant memories for me) is quite nice. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre bobble-head represents my love for horror and the occult. This movie series specifically is very comforting for me (shocking, I know). It brings me joy and represents one of my interests. Lastly, of course, is the paint brush. Art has been a significant component of my life ever since I was born. My mom always tells stories about how I would sit in my high-chair as a child, molding miniature figures out of Play-Doh for hours on end. It’s my greatest passion, and my sole talent. I couldn’t live without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Natural History of The Senses Relief Sculpture

The Corruption of Culture 28” x 24” x 2” Full,  Straight  On Full, Angle 1 Full, Angle 2 Detail #1 Detail #2 Artist’s Statement      This pi...